Along the way we have been very fortunate to meet some very good friends, several of whom have been and/or are still involved in D/s relationships. Those people gave us their own pearls of wisdom, read a lot, and we went a number of discussion groups and continue to do so.
We have tried to take our own lessons learned in life, those lessons learned from our current mistakes, and combine that with a renewed and shared common goal of making our D/s relationship work. Exactly how everything will settle along the way I still do not know for certain however I can say that slowly we are finding our way and what works for us at this point in time.
It is hard to write some of this as I am doing so purely from memory, the disadvantage of not having done my blog when I originally intended to. Many of the details are lost or blurred with the passing of time. A number of things we started out doing have shifted as we learned more about not only D/s but also about ourselves.
My partner has worn 3 different collars in our time so far. The first was one we bought as a trial collar. It was nothing fancy but suited her at that time. After a couple of months had passed, and we recovered from our big mistake, we went shopping together for a more elegant collar for her. We found one and that she has been proudly wearing up until recently.
On 21 August I presented her with a new collar. One that I had hand crafted myself which I felt suited her well and also helped to show her value to me. It was done in part of my ongoing learning to build mesh from scratch in Blender but also it had been something I planned to do for her anyhow. I wanted something elegant but also not overstated, and I wanted something unique.
She was delighted with the new collar and I was very proud to see her so eager to wear it. We did not do much of a collaring ceremony this time around. In our haste I think we just wanted the new one worn as quickly as possible. I was proud to see her wear this new collar and she was even more proud to wear it.
To go along with her new collar I also played around with a new nadu animation for her. I wanted something a little different, one where she appeared to be a bit more elegant but also alert. I can say that I am certainly not a professional animator at all, but I am learning that too.
In the end I was happy enough with the final outcome. She liked the new animation very much when I surprised her with it. We then we made a few tweaks to improve it a bit and then we added it into her collar as her preferred kneel for me.
The above picture is her new collar with the matching cuffs I did as well.
So where are we now?
I am happy to say that I can see that my partner is now realizing for herself and seeing also that she is indeed embracing her submission more and more with each passing day. I hear her tell people that she has finally found her true self. She tells me that she is happy in her new role and is thankful of the journey we are on together. I do not see many of the internal struggles that were going on within her as had been there in the beginning.As for me I can say that I am very proud of my partner. I feel honored that she has continued to grow into her submissive role. Sure, there are still many ways where I would say she is perhaps not as submissive as she should be, or that I would like, however I also know that making such changes while still within the same long term relationship is not easy and takes time.
I have embraced my own role and changes within our relationship. I strive to not only improve myself but also to ensure my partners growth and well being. I have found that D/s has provided a foundation within which we both seem to be able to address whatever comes along with greater ease. I have found that it has helped me to grow as a person as well, both for myself but also as her partner.
We continue to discuss our journey and add new elements when we both feel they are warranted. We both continue to read and learn what we can about the lifestyle. We are each enrolled in classes related to our new roles within a D/s lifestyle.
In fact my partner is attending her second class tonight as I am writing this blog entry. I am hoping to attend my first class this week after it was postponed from last week after SL's grid wide voice problems. I am looking forward to that.
We are both committed to this journey and I am confident that we will continue to grow within it, both together and as individuals as a result. We do share a common goal and renewed sense of direction and are eager to continue our journey.
to be continued ...

No comments:
Post a Comment